The cornerstone of increase of client retention is identification of new clients and conversion them into regular ones. Therefore, the owners and managers can explore the report on new clients periodically. The clients' contact information and other relevant data can be found there. Then they can communicate with the customers and ask:
- Are they satisfied with the service and would they come again?
- If not, what are they dissatisfied with?
- If yes, would they recommend it to anyone else?
If the client is not satisfied and the business can handle it then it is an excellent opportunity to gain a regular customer. For this time, it is enough to appreciate and to inform that every effort would be bend. Improve the service. Contact with the client again and:
- Offer the apologies again;
- Inform about the activities performed to improve and assure that the incident would not repeat again;
- Invite the client again. Personal discount or conditions are optional.
According to experts, the customer would express gratitude to such client-centric approach and convert from extremely angry to very loyal customer. Moreover, quite often he/she would tell someone about such experience. Meaning that the business will also gain a positive word-of-mouth marketing which is very efficient marketing channel nowadays.